[ncl-talk] Fwd: regrid and plot

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 30 13:13:13 MDT 2016

I have taken a 'quick' look at your script. I do not 'know' the model (ie,
data) you are using. Your script was a bit confusing. :-)

--
Attached:

[1]
A very basic script that illustrates plotting the SWVP variable *and* using
the linint2 and area_hi3lores interpolation functions on this field. This
is fairly simple.

[2]
I took a look at your original script. I was a bit confused. I made some
changes. I know the numbers are *not correct*. Again I do not know your
data. I computed some sample weighted vertical sums but not the weighted
vertical averages [ sum(X*DP)/sum(DP) ] . I did not look at or make any
changes to your plot codes. You will have to change these. This should give
you a start. The key is for you to to correctly compute the layer
thickness(es) [dp]. I think your surface pressures must be (PP+p  ???).

[3]
When you send questions to ncl-talk, it is best to indicate the version of
NCL you are using. Further, clean scripts are appreciated.

Good luck