[ncl-talk] Map boundaries

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 15 08:45:04 MDT 2016

Barry,

To control the look of map features, like outlines, lat/lon grid lines,
filled areas, etc, you generally need to use "mp" resources.

In the case of setting the color for map outlines, these are the resources
for changing line color:

mpGeophysicalLineColor
mpNationalLineColor
mpProvincialLineColor
mpUSStateLineColor
mpCountyLineColor

For the RANGS coastlines, you want to use "mpGeophysicalLineColor".

I've added some of this information to our examples page.

I highly recommend that you look over some of our examples to see what
resources to use to customize your maps:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mapoutlines.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mapgrid.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/coast.shtml