[ncl-talk] Sample script to regrid binary data with NCL

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Mon Sep 12 09:07:31 MDT 2016

Regridding examples:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml>

Newer (better?) regridding functions:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml>

Examples using hi-res precip databases TRMM 3b42 included.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml>

You have a 2 step task,
Read the TRMM data into NCL (examples on the 3rd link above show how to do that). As well as countless ncl-talk threads (google “NCL TRMM”).

Then regrid the 0.25 degree data to something else.  Probably follow the ESMF functions in the 2nd link.

Take a shot at these and if you have problems send specific questions to the list.   Many people have done this before so try googling (“ncl-talk “ + your issue) someone has probably asked and been answered already.

Alan

Alan Brammer,
Post-Doc Researcher

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences,
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, 12222
abrammer at albany.edu