[ncl-talk] cross_corr_query

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Fri Sep 9 00:58:13 MDT 2016

Kunal

At least one of the data points in the arrays that you are correlating has every single value as ‘missing’ or the same value throughout. This usually occurs if your data includes some masked regions, e.g. ocean data with a spatial domain that includes land.

Another possible valid condition would be precipitation data where one or more data points has been in drought for the entire time period, i.e. P = 0 throughout

If you’re expecting you input data to include masked areas or similar physical conditions then it’s probably nothing to worry about (although that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check). If you’re not expecting any missing values in your data then you may have a problem with your input arrays – but that’s not really an NCL problem.

Will