[ncl-talk] Sim reflectivity not plotting

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:07:44 MDT 2016

Hi,

Any idea why sim reflec isn't plotting?  It's the baseline script which
I've been using and modifying for many months, but suddenly today,
nothing.  No error, but no contours generated.

The WRF run has weather there: a Low, and accumulating rain, so it's
surprising there's no sim reflec.

I have do_radar_reflec = 1 in the namelist, and I checked that the values
weren't outside the range being plotted.  I tried switching from "dbz" to
"REFL_10CM", and neither produces any contours.

     dbz = wrf_user_getvar(a,"dbz",it)
     z = wrf_user_getvar(a,"z",it)

     height = 2000.     ; 2 km
     dbz_plane  = wrf_user_intrp3d(dbz,z,"h",height,0.,False)

     opts = res
     opts at cnFillOn = True
     opts at ContourParameters = (/ 10., 50., 2./)
     contour = wrf_contour(a,wks,dbz_plane(:,:),opts)     ; plot only
lowest level
     plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/contour/),pltres,mpres)

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu