[ncl-talk] BUG: ncl_convert2nc and paths with spaces

Steve Jones steve.jones at uib.no
Tue Oct 18 01:35:23 MDT 2016

Hi,

I've been using ncl_convert2nc to convert some grib files. I've
discovered that if the files are in a directory that has spaces in its
name, the program will fail with the error:

if: Expression Syntax

This is because it doesn't escape the spaces (or quote the path, or
whatever csh needs to do), so the structure of the if statement gets
broken. I don't have the exact line that fails to hand, but running

csh -x ncl_convert2nc <file>

will give the line that fails.

I assume that this will also fail for files with spaces in their names,
but I haven't tried it.

I haven't tried any other NCL commands to know how widespread the
problem is.

Cheers,
Steve.