[ncl-talk] Denote missing values on labelbar

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 17 14:25:22 MDT 2016

Hi Beata,
You can do it, but you will have to turn off the automatic NCL-generated
labelbar and create one yourself.

So within your panel resource list you should set gsnPanelLabelBar = False
and then draw the labelbar by calling gsn_labelbar_ndc. See example #5
here:  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/barb.shtml#ex5

Note: You will want to set gsnFrame = False in your panel resource list,
call gsn_panel, create the labelbar, and then manually call frame(wks).

Hope that makes sense. If you have any further questions please respond to
the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 5:56 AM, Beata Szabo <szabo.b at czechglobe.cz> wrote:

> Dear NCL Users,
>
> I created a map by ncl which contains missing values (gray area). I
> attached the figure. I used matlab_hsv color. How can I mark missing
> values on labelbar? I mean how I can add a gray color to the labelbar?
> Thank you for your help in advance!
>
> Kind regards,
> Beata
>

> Dr. Beata Szabo-Takacs