[ncl-talk] Horizontal slice at array of levels/heights

Matthew Scutter yellowplantain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 03:59:17 MST 2016

I'm trying to do this without resorting to C if at all possible...

I have a 2D array of the PBL, and I want to extract other parameters (RH,
wind, etc) from the levels defined in this PBL 2D array.
Kind of like wrf_user_intrp3d, except I want to pass an array of the same
dimensions with each point representing the height to extract the parameter
from, rather than the scalar to the loc (level/height) parameter of
wrf_user_intrp3d.

Is there in inbuilt function for this, or does anyone have an idea as to
how to approach this efficiently?