[ncl-talk] Remoce first box in the LabelBar

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri May 27 10:39:47 MDT 2016

​Hi Lillian,

Is this a labelbar that's part of a contour or vector plot, or just one
that you are trying to create from scratch?

Generally, if somebody is trying to remove that first box, then my
suggestion is to change your contour or vector levels so that first level
is not included.  But, I need to know more about what that first box
represents.  Is it just a white box that you are effectively using as a way
to not draw any colored contours or vectors below a certain level?

You might want to check out some of our labelbar examples:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml

In particular, example lb_12.ncl might be useful, or lb_5.ncl, which shows
you how to chuck the labelbar that comes with the contour plot, and just
create your own.

--Mary