[ncl-talk] How to change color bar for the second field using gsnHistogramCompare

rK Aditya aditya.rk at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:11:21 MDT 2016

Dear All,

I would like to compare histogram for two seasons; winter and summer. I use
the first field for summer and put it with filled red color. But I could
not change the color in the second field, on crosshatch pattern to other
color, let say blue.

If someone can help me?

Thank you for your time.

Kindest regards,
-r/K-

begin
;************************************************
; Generate some random data.
;************************************************
  x = new(1000,integer)
  y = new(1000,integer)
  do i=0,dimsizes(x)-1
    x(i) = rand()
    y(i) = rand()
  end do
  x = x/320
  y = y/320

;************************************************
; Set up a variable to hold both x and y.
;************************************************
  z = new((/2,dimsizes(x)/),integer)
  z(0,:) = x
  z(1,:) = y
;************************************************
; create plot
;************************************************
  wks = gsn_open_wks("png","histo")              ; send graphics to PNG file
  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"temp1")               ; choose colormap

  res                            = True          ; plot mods desired
  res at gsnHistogramCompare        = True
  res at gsnHistogramBinIntervals = (/25,50,75/)
;  res at gsFillColors = (/(/"blue","red"/),(/"blue","red"/)/)
;  res at gsFillColor=(/"blue","blue","red","red"/)
  res at gsnHistogramBarColors = (/(/"red","blue"/),(/"red","blue"/)/)
;  res at gsnHistogramBarColors=(/"blue","blue","red","red"/)
  plot=gsn_histogram(wks,z,res)                  ; create histogram
end
[image: Inline image 1]