[ncl-talk] show a satellite granule with missing value color gray even if no valid observations

Yun Yue yunyue at huskers.unl.edu
Fri May 13 00:32:34 MDT 2016

 Hi NCL users,

I'm using a similar code as here https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml example 5 to read and plot multiple files. I plot all the missing data as gray. When there's no satellite granule, I plot it as white color.

Now when I have a granule pass by, but all the data is missing value, I always get "NO CONTOUR DATA" in the middle, the granule was not plotted. So the color is white at this granule's position. I want to show this granule with gray even if all the data is missing value. Do you have any idea to fix this?

Thanks very much,

Yun