[ncl-talk] nighttime zero cape from skewT_PlotData ?

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 07:45:12 MDT 2016

I got 0 cape from skewT_PlotData   always during nighttime. see: http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/WRF-UCM/FocusON_OKC/WRFV3.7.1/with_rr_fixed/wrfNCEP_DOE2d_UCM_Snudge_WangRec53waveCU14YSUparameterp_1.2005060100/wrfout_d01_skewt_1.png      which is different from what I got from   cinfo = wrf_cape_2d(pres , tk, q, z, HGT, PSFC, True )  mcape = cinfo(0,:,:)
Apparently wrf_cape_2d  gives non-zero values.
Anything wrong for one of them?
ThanksXiaoming