[ncl-talk] Composite Standard Deviation

Samar Min Allah minallah at umich.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:36:07 MDT 2016

Hi,

I have daily data (time, lat, lon) that I am first converting to monthly
using *calculate_monthly_values *and then finding monthly climatology
from *clmMonTLL
*and std from

*stdMonTLL.*
​The daily data is over a sub-basin for which I take an average later​
using *dim_avg_n_Wrap(monclim,(/1,2/)) *over all lats and lons.

​This works for the mean climatology but I cannot take a mean for the
standard deviation this way so is there a function or example that can
compute composite standard deviation.​

​Alternatively, is there a function clmMon and stdMon that can work on 1
dimension data (does not require lat lon)​.

--
Samar