[ncl-talk] Sub: EOF Analisys ..

Adv advita6 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:06:38 MDT 2016

Hi ,
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/eof_1.ncl
I have figures attached here using example of above link.
My query is why there is huge shift between the computed EOF pattern for
the Globe Region and the region {latS 40 latN 49}{LonL=-116, LonR=-90}
Globe Region {(0,90,0,360) or (0,90,-180,180)}
And also I would like to know what is the unit of computed pc's. Some
examples have amplitude as unit (yaxis label) while rest of them have
variable unit (example..K or C). And also the EOF patterns are normalised
to compute time series.
Could some one help me to understand and fix this bug? I doubt my results,
because EOF1 pattern has huge shift(negative values) when compared to the
Global region pattern(positive values for the same region).

Thank you