[ncl-talk] prcwater_dp Function

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 03:10:48 MDT 2016

You should formulate your question more clearly because I think nobody understood the problem. Are you trying to use someone’s else script and thus not understanding why are you getting low values?
The dp contains the layer thicknesses in pressure (hPa), which you need to compute the precipitable water. In this regard I don’t understand why you are using z, instead of dp_N, for computing pw… But, again, you should include more information about the data that are you trying to use and why it doesn’t work for you. How low are the values? Which order of magnitude are you expecting?

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>