[ncl-talk] Help Drawing a Straight Single Horizontal Line on a Lat and Lon Plot

Kerwyn Texeira ktish86 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:48:32 MDT 2016

Hi NCL,

I'm having a hard time plotting a drawing a single horizontal line on a lat
and lon plot.  I used gsn_add_polyline but I would not draw.   I'm doing
this to show where I sliced the vertical cross section. I get a plot
without a line drawn.  The error that I get is the following:
warning:gslinesColor is not a valid resource in graphic_style at this time
warning:gslineThicknessF is not a valid resource in graphic_style at this
time

Script:

plres = True
plres at gslinesColor = "blue"
plres at gslineThicknessF = 2.0

lat = (/38.30, 38.30/)
lon = (/-120.00, -119.10/)

plot = gsn_add_polyline(wks,contour,lon,lat,plres)

draw(contour)
frame(wks)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kerwyn