[ncl-talk] read a variable name has space from hdf file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 11 10:12:46 MST 2016

Please use ncl_fildump to provide a view of how NCL 'sees' the file.

ncl_filedump ...MODIS...hdf | less

If it is a HDF-EOS file, just add a .he2 on the command line.

ncl_filedump ...MODIS...hdf.he2 | less

========
Do you see any variable names with a space? Likely not. NCL applies an
underscore.

If you can not figure out the issue send the file tp

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
email
cd incoming
put ...MIDIS_FILE...
quit

Then send the name of the file because we can not look a ./tp/incoming

Cheers