[ncl-talk] Fwd: the problem to use external F90 code in NCL

zhuxiao li lizhuxiao70 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 14:49:21 MDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: zhuxiao li <lizhuxiao70 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 2:44 PM
Subject: the problem to use external F90 code in NCL
To: ncl-talk at ucar.edu

Hi There,

I got a problem to use   external F90 code in NCL.
Actually, I just using the simple templet in
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/language_man.pdf
page 36 of Section 7.3 f90 subroutines.

The problem is that when I use only the subroutine CQUAD to produce the
object file (.so) and then execute the ncl code, it works. Please see the
following attachment:

quad.f90,
quad90.stub,
ncl_F90_test_temple.ncl.

While when I include the subroutine in a module structure exactly like the
templet on P36 of the manual, it gave me some very tough error message,
please check the following attachments:

quad_module.f90,
mquad90.stub,
ncl_F90_test_temple_module.ncl

error_message_ncl_exe.txt
Do you have some idea on what is the reason of this problem?

Thanks very much in advance!

Zhuxiao