[ncl-talk] how to locate one table in the same frame with one map plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 27 12:42:09 MDT 2016

Yi Lu,

I misunderstood what you were trying to do with the table.

If you simply want the table and the contour plot to be drawn on the same
frame, then before you draw the contour plot, you need to set the gsnFrame
resource to False:

res at gsnFrame = False

This tells gsn_csm_contour_map not to advance the frame ("page"), and hence
when you draw the table, it will get drawn on the same page.

I've modified your script to do this, and also to resize the table based on
the size and location of your plot. See attached.  Of course, you'll
probably want to customize the table further to get the correct size fonts
that you want.

--Mary