[ncl-talk] get sensible heat(HFX) values from wrfout at specific height.

ananya sritawan ananbeam76 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:51:51 MDT 2016

Dear all

I have been working on WRF-LES and now I am trying to get a data at a
specific height says 20m 30m 100m.
The data that I want to obtain is sensible heat flux from my wrfout at 20m
30m and 100m. Can we do that? Therefore I tried to look for the ncl script
to do so, I have tried many set of interpolate script but I cannot
accomplished my goal. Then I found one script which have been successfully
run by other user, then I modified the script according to my need with my
very little skill of coding. When I ran the script, I've got an error about
the dimension. something like this : (when I use  wrf_interp_1d)

fatal:wrf_interp_1d: The v_in, z_in, and z_out arrays must be the same
number of dimensions

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 51 in file
fillvalue100

which I have tried to check how to make it into the same number of
dimension, but I didn't found one although I still quite not sure its
dimension process. I also attached the script and my nameless input
below(in the script "fillvalue100" for getting data at 100m).

I am working with ncl-6.3.0 on Darwin Kernel mac os x

I'm a newbie for both wrf and ncl, so any suggestion would be greatly
appreciate. I really need help.

Best regard,

--
Ananya SRITAWAN