[ncl-talk] Problem using ncl function simpne

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Sat Jul 16 09:15:11 MDT 2016

Dear ncl-talk,

I am using the ncl function simpne to integrate brightness values over a
range of wavelength. I am reading in binary text and .dat files. All of
this data appears to be fine as I've printed out the values. When I do the
integration, I get undefined values, such as "-nan", or "_FillValue". I am
not sure why this is. I tried changing my values from float to double, but
this did not help. Any help could be much appreciated. I am attaching the
.tar file of the text and .dat files and my ncl script.

Andrew Kren, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group
NOAA ESRL Global Systems Division (Rm 3C515)
325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305
(303) 497-5418