[ncl-talk] changing value of "Times" variable

Ben Stephens benstephens at utexas.edu
Tue Jul 5 09:24:34 MDT 2016

Hi all,

I would like to change the value of the “Times” variable with either an NCL command line entry or an NCL script, but am having trouble.  The Times variable is a 2-dimensional variable, with each time step given by a 19-unit string.  The file I’m currently working with is a restart file, so it only has one time step of the form 2016-01-31_23:00:17, and I would like to make it 2016-01-31_23:00:00.  I’ve tried various things so far, but it usually complains that the type of variables I’m attempting to set equal are not the same.  I am guessing it’s a syntax issue, but I haven’t been able to figure out what’s wrong on my own.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Ben