[ncl-talk] extval_mlegev

Jared Lee jaredlee at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:49:47 MDT 2016

Hi, I'm trying to use the function extval_mlegev (
http://test.www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/extval_mlegev.shtml)
in the NCL nightly build of v6.4.0 on yellowstone (ncltest-intel). However,
When I call it, I get this error that the function can't be found:

-bash-4.1$ ncl return_intervals.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2015 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.4.0-01Jul2016_0404
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:Undefined identifier: (extval_mlegev) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 15 in file
return_intervals.ncl

And here is my short, simple script:

begin

dataDir  = "/glade/p/ral/CSAP/CRMe/GEV/"
outDir   = "/glade/p/ral/wsap/jaredlee/CRMe"

minThresh   = 0.01   ; minimum threshold for time series data

fileName = dataDir+"5day_series_dec_point.nc"
pointFile   = addfile(fileName, "r")

;; Read in the data, threshold it
data  = pointFile->pr5x
data  = where(data.lt.minThresh, data at _FillValue, data)

;; Calculate the shape, scale, and location parameters for the GEV
distribution
gev_vals = extval_mlegev(data, 0, False)
print(gev_vals)

end

Is there something I need to load first in order to get extval_mlegev to
work?

Jared

--
Jared A. Lee, Ph.D.