[ncl-talk] Overwriting Previous Line on Command Line from NCL

Samuel Roback scroback at ncsu.edu
Thu Feb 18 10:26:37 MST 2016

Hi,

I'm attempting to show the progress through a loop in NCL. Instead of
writing the percentage completed to a new line during each loop iteration
using print(), I want to overwrite the previous line.

For more clarification I'd like something that is constantly being
overwritten to show the current progress:

35.3% Completed

Rather than something like this:

35.2% Completed
35.3% Completed
35.4% Completed
etc.

I've searched through the function codes that manipulate strings, but I
couldn't find anything. Is this even possible via NCL?

Thanks

-Sam