[ncl-talk] CAPE and CIN calculation

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 17 11:25:17 MST 2016

If you have (or get) a copy of the NCL source you will find
wrf_cape_3d as a C function in
NCL_ROOT_DIR/ni/src/lib/nfp/wrfW.c

This function is a wrapper to the Fortran subroutine that actually
does the calculations.
The Fortran routine is DCAPECALC3D and it is found in
NCL_ROOT_DIR/ni/src/lib/nfpfort/rip_cape.f.

 -dave