[ncl-talk] Meteogram for Boulder using NAM model

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 1 08:29:29 MST 2016

Andrew,

You cannot use the {} coordinate subscripting syntax with 2D coordinates.
The {..} syntax can only be used if your data is represented by 1D
coordinate arrays for a particular dimension.

To subscript your data based on a 2D lat/lon grid, you can use the
getind_latlon2d function.

See the explanation and the second example at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/latlon_subset.shtml#ex2

--Mary