[ncl-talk] emphasize every parts of a line with different colors according to its y value.

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 30 09:35:33 MST 2016

Hi,

I don't know of any way of doing this other than to draw the line
piecewise.  What about something like:

datadims = dimsizes(data)  ; assuming your data is 2xN
numlinesegs = datadims(1) - 1
linesegs = new((/ numlinesegs/), graphic)
do i=1,numlinesegs
  color = ....appropriate logic to determine the color here...
  res at gsLineColor = color
  linesegs(i) = gsn_add_polyline(wks, plot, data(0, i-1:i), data(1, i-1:i),
res)
end do

This is not particularly efficient, and there may be better ways of doing
this, but that should work.

HTH...
Rick