[ncl-talk] polar plot and gsnAddCyclic

Marston Johnston marston.johnston at gu.se
Mon Dec 12 05:32:19 MST 2016

Hi,

I’m trying to make some plot using the polar stereographic projection.
When I set res at gsnAddCyclic = False, everything works well but the plots have a gap at 0 deg longitude. However, whenever I set this to True, I get the standard warning that my longitude data doesn’t go to 360, but I don’t get a gap in the data.
Is there a way to remove the gap and the warning? I was thinking of just extending the longitude copying the last longitude values to this new line, but searching for something more elegant.
Note: this doesn’t happen when using Mercator projection.

/M

Marston S. Johnston, PhD
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Gothenburg, Sweden