[ncl-talk] CellFill issue: How to disable all fine white lines around each grid cell in ncl-PDF-output (example screenshot attached)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Dec 11 21:15:07 MST 2016

I couldn't reproduce the problem with your attached files.

First, I don't have the colorbrewer_coldhot color table, so I used a close
one, hotcold_18lev.

I created a 2500x2500 PNG image, which I've attached here. I don't see the
same grid lines that you do, and the map outlines aren't nearly as
prominent.

This makes me think that you might have a ~/.hluresfile where you are
setting some resources, like line thicknesses. Can you check if you have
such a file, and if so, let me know what's in it?

Also, what file are you sending the graphics to, and are you doing any kind
of post processing on this file?

Did you run the white_lines.ncl script yourself?  I'm curious if the PNG
image you sent me is from that, or from your original script.

--Mary