[ncl-talk] rcm2rgrid

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 1 14:58:39 MST 2016

As suggested by Andrew, the ESMF approach is the way to go.

[1] Save the weight file. Note: generating the weight file may be slow but
it is done once.
[2] Regrid using the weight file generated in [1]. This should be VERY
FAST! It is basically a sparse matrix multiply.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/ESMF/ESMF_regrid_with_weights.shtml
[3] See

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml
EXample 4 + numerous others.