[ncl-talk] Can't turn off boundaries

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 30 15:48:18 MDT 2016

Barry,

You generally don't want to set resources using get_res_value_keep, because
this is an internal function.

Instead of:

      opts at mpDataBaseVersion     = get_res_value_keep(opts,
"mpDataBaseVersion","HighRes")

you should be able to set the resource directly:

      opts at mpDataBaseVersion  = "HighRes"

The reason you are not seeing the map resource take effect is because you
are trying to set a map resource when creating a vector plot.

You can't set the map resources until you get to the "wrf_map_overlays"
call:

  mpres = True
  mpres at mpDataBaseVersion = "HighRes"
  .  .  . set other map resources here as desired . . .

  ov = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/contour_tf,contour_psl,vector/),True,mpres)