[ncl-talk] Argument type mismatch between NCL and fortran

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:30:26 MDT 2016

 In my NCL I have
     printVarSummary(mpr)     print(dimlc(0))     print(dimlc(1))     printVarSummary(Time_mpr)     EX:: get_maxind(mpr,Time_mpr, dimlc(0),dimlc(1))

When  I run it, I got "fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (0) of (get_maxind) can not coercefatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 59 in file plot_stageIV_precip.HourlyMean_peakTime_Fortran.ncl"The type of mpr is float.
In my Fortran code       SUBROUTINE get_maxind (mpr,Time_mpr,JM, IM)      implicit none      integer,intent(in)                  :: JM, IM      real,intent(in) :: mpr(IM,JM,24)      integer                     :: Time_mpr(IM,JM)      integer                   :: J, I!      do J = 1, JM!       do I=1,IM!           Time_mpr(j,i) = MAXLOC(mpr, 1)             Time_mpr = MAXLOC(mpr, 1)!       enddo!      enddo       RETURN      END SUBROUTINE get_maxind
In my stubC NCLFORTSTART      SUBROUTINE get_maxind (mpr,Time_mpr,JM, IM)      implicit none      integer   JM, IM      dimension mpr(IM,JM, 24)      dimension Time_mpr(IM,JM)C NCLEND
Could anybody tell what is wrong?
ThanksXiaoming