[ncl-talk] NCL error managing SCM output

Paolina Bongioannini Cerlini paolina.cerlini at unipg.it
Wed Apr 13 09:41:57 MDT 2016

Hello NCL people,

I am trying to plot a SCM output from a ncl script
but-as other times- I get this error about
ColorMap resource.
Since in this case I have a white background it turns out
that no box is drawn around the graphs.
I attach the script.
What is wrong in this case?
Thank you.

Paolina
 ncl plot1d.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
(0)	Top pressure shown on plot will be 150 hPa
(0)	Bot pressure shown on plot will be 1000 hPa
(0)
(0)	Files where the script will look for 1D SCM output variables are:
(0)			progvar.nc  = True
(0)			diagvar.nc  = True
(0)			diagvar2.nc = True
(0)
(0)	*-------- Plotting from PROGVAR ---------*
(0)	*----------------------------------------*
fatal:CvtStringToCmap:Unable to convert string "BlueWhiteOrangeRed" to ColorMap
warning:Error retrieving resource wkColorMap from DB - Using default value
(0)
(0)	*-------- Plotting from DIAGVAR ---------*
(0)	*-------- Plotting from DIAGVAR2 --------*
(0)	*----------------------------------------*
fatal:CvtStringToCmap:Unable to convert string "BlueWhiteOrangeRed" to ColorMap
warning:Error retrieving resource wkColorMap from DB - Using default value
(0)
(0)	Done plotting 1D variables found in files

--
Paolina Bongioannini Cerlini Ph.D.
University of Perugia

Tel.+39 075 5853576