[ncl-talk] WG: WG: extra colors around plotted objects

Arne Melsom arne.melsom at met.no
Mon Sep 7 06:00:37 MDT 2015

OK I guess that you want colors to be interpolated in one interval, but not in its complement (the complement being <15).

I'm not sure if this is possible in ncl using other plot resource options, the real experts will know.

What I guess you could do, is to regrid your array to a finer resolution using e.g. bilinear interpolation (see https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml for examples; perhaps use a result which has ~10x as many points in x and y), then reset values <15 to 0, and plot the result with e.g. res at cnFillMode = "RasterFill"