[ncl-talk] lonPivot

clotilde dubois clotilde.dubois at mercator-ocean.fr
Wed Sep 2 09:03:43 MDT 2015

Dear ncl-users,

I am trying to use the function lonFlip, but i keep having the following
message (see below). Whereas I have no problem to use the lonFlip
function. Do you have any idea why it is not working?

Best regards,

Clotilde Dubois

 Copyright (C) 1995-2015 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.3.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Variable: chi
Type: float
Total Size: 191520 bytes
            47880 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:    [time | 133] x [lon | 360]
Coordinates:
            lon: [72.5..71.5]
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :    -9e+33
fatal:NclOneDValGetClosestIndex: Non-monotonic coordinate value being
used, can't complete coordinate subscript
fatal:Could not obtain coordinate indexes, unable to perform subscript
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 6574 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl