[ncl-talk] NCL contour plot with CMAQ output

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 15 14:52:27 MDT 2015

The response was inadvertently not sent to ncl-talk

====

We were looking for netCDF files. Also, a sample script of what you were doing.
We are too busy to be guessing.
====
I have no idea what a 'mave' file refers to.

I can see ....

      float LAT ( TSTEP, LAY, ROW, COL )
         long_name :    LAT
         units :        DEGREES
         var_desc :     latitude (south negative)

      float LON ( TSTEP, LAY, ROW, COL )
         long_name :    LON
         units :        DEGREES
         var_desc :     longitude (west negative)

I *SPECULATE* you can use
     LAT2D  = f->LAT(0,0,:,:)
     LON2D = f->LON(0,0,:,:)

     x = f->X