[ncl-talk] millesimal (‰) in NCL

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 2 11:33:43 MST 2015

Hi Jack,
I do not see a millesimal either, although I did not do an exhaustive
search. You can still create this though by using function codes:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/fcodes.shtml
You can use the H and V function codes to move around as is shown in the
fourth example.

You can also look at the equations example page:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/eqn.shtml

If you are planning on using the millesimal symbol frequently you can turn
your function code-enabled string into a function.

Hope that helps. If not, or if you have any further questions please
respond to ncl-talk.
Adam

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:46 AM, 董文浩 <dongwh12 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> I am trying to add an units for a tracer gas which needs a millesimal (‰),
> but I couldn't find this symbol in the Font pages, does anyone know how to
> do that?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best,
> Jack