[ncl-talk] summing each of three time-series values

sangeeta maharjan sangeetamaharjan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:28:07 MST 2015

Dear NCL Users,

I have variable of 4 dimesion, eg :- W (97(time), 28 (lev), 52 (lat),
52(lon)).

I want to retain sum of  three consecutive values starting from time 0,
again sum of three consecutive values starting from time 1, again sum of
three consecutive  values starting from time 2 and so on.  The same process
is carried  in  every grid point and every vertical levels such that the
values are stored in new variable, W_sum(93 (time), 28(lev),52 (lat), 52
(lon)).

Available functions ,sum (), dim_sum(),dim_sum_n() are not working in my
case.

Can you suggest me a suitable method to carry my  operations

Thanks & Regards.

Sangeeta Mahrjan.