[ncl-talk] Overwriting a netcdf4 file

Dustan Wheatley - NOAA Affiliate dustan.wheatley at noaa.gov
Fri May 29 12:29:36 MDT 2015

I am trying to overwrite a netcdf4 file analogous to what is shown at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/change_netCDF.shtml.  In the attached
ncl script, I open the file to be modified at line 35 and attempt the
modification at line 73 (with a lot of calculations in between).  While I
have double-checked that the modified field (var_mod) has the same
dimensionality as the original variable (QRAIN), I am still get a
segmentation fault/core dump.  Never had this problem when I tried to
manipulate netcdf3 files.  Could it possibly be related to the netcdf4
compression?  It’s possible I may be trying to do something that’s no
longer possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Dusty Wheatley