[ncl-talk] Convective Temp Calculation

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 23 10:16:52 MDT 2015

 but  betHello,

At:   https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

Please read section 7 of the Mini-Language manual
===
A more detailed description s at:
  https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclExtend.shtml
===
Also of interest: The DKRZ has created two NCL tutorials that may be of
interest.
These are much broader.
===

That said .....
[1]
You have a f77 subroutine [ test.f ].  I do not see the required delimeters

C NCLFORTSTART
C NCLEND

These indicate to NCL's f77 parser what information is being passed
back-and-forth between two separate languages.
That is why your code gets the 'A syntax error occurred while parsing:"
message,

[2]
To use 'external' code (f77, f90, C, C++) you must indicate that via

  external TEST "./,,,so"   ; the shared object

You did not do this.

[3]
Included in your argument passing, you have
   flminsou,frmaxsou,fbminsou,ftmaxsou
Are these used? NCL does not care but if they are not used, but why are you
passing them?

[4]
You want 'conv_temp' but you are not passing it back to NCL for plotting.
In your NCL script ....

external CONV  "./test.so"

ctemp = 0.0        ; create a 'space' for the returned temperature
CONV:: sndganalncl(nlevs,t,p,r,u,v,ctemp)

[5]
I have done some mods for your f77 code. That should get you started.

   WRAPIT test.f