[ncl-talk] Trouble with GFS grib table

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Thu Jun 25 21:15:53 MDT 2015

Walter,

I'm not sure of the version you are running, but NCL 6.3.0 generally
doesn't produce any such errors for me when I process real-time GFS files
(including GFS analysis, I believe). I did see similar warnings in versions
of NCL prior to 6.3.0 and after the January upgrade of the GFS changed a
number of different things. Each version usually includes a fresh set of
GRIB tables, so even if you can't/don't want to update NCL (probably the
easiest solution), you should be able to at least grab the updated tables
from a new version.

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu