[ncl-talk] getting error with copy_VarMeta

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Thu Jun 25 06:57:53 MDT 2015

>  fatal:Coordinate variables must be the same dimension as their dimension
>  Any help in this issue will be appreciated.

​The solution is in the error message.  NCL can't copy the metadata of 3
dimensions ​to a variable that only has 2 dimensions.

​I think the general way to "trick" NCL into doing this is
if a is lev,lat,lon and b is lat,lon

copy_VarMeta(a(0,:,:), b)​

b will likely have a "lev" attribute after that which you will probably
wan't to make sure is correct or delete it.