[ncl-talk] sub-titles in panel plots

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 24 16:03:57 MDT 2015

Hi:

I made a panel of 3 individual plots. Each plot is created using
gsn_xy. The 3 plots are centered vertically. I would like to add an
individual title to each plot like "a. Precipitation" for the first
plot, etc ... It looks like my only option is to use the
"tiMainString" option. I want to move the MainString to the left of
the plot instead of being centered using tiMainOffsetXF.

When I set res at tiMainOffsetXF = -0.25, the title of the plots move to
the left and the plots themselves move all the way to the right. That
must have to do with creating a panel plot since this does not happen
for one plot only?

I am not sure how to make this work. I tried to use trString and
gsnLeftString, but that did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler