[ncl-talk] todouble() Keep meta data?

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Wed Jun 24 11:21:13 MDT 2015

I don't believe there are wrapped version of the type converters.  There is
always the option of writing a function for it.

Here's a quick Wrap version of totype(), you can edit accordingly if you
want todouble specifically.

undef("totype_Wrap")

function totype_Wrap(x, type)

local x, type, retval

begin

 retval = totype(x, type)

 copy_VarMeta(x, retval)

 retval at _FillValue = default_fillvalue(type) ; set fillvalue back to
default for new type

 return(retval)

end

then you can just