[ncl-talk] contour & vector overlay map

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Mon Jun 15 08:23:33 MDT 2015

Hi,

the error message is telling you what is wrong. Your speed, u and v variable
have more than 2 dimensions. Do a printVarSummary to get variable
information.

Bye,
Karin

Am 15.06.15 um 16:01 schrieb saeed bayat:
> Dear NCL users
> I want to plot a map which includes contour and vector (or streamline)
> overlay. I prepared a ncl script that has error.:
> gsn_csm_contour: Fatal: the input data array must be 1D or 2D
> fatal:Illegal right-hand side type for assignment
> fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 45 in
> file cn_vc.ncl
>
> Please find attached script to find more about the script and help me
> to solve the problem.
>
> Best Regards
> --
> Abdolhalim Bayat
> Ph.D Candidate of Synoptic Climatology
> University of Tehran (Iran)

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization
Application Support

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstrasse 45a - D20146 Hamburg - Germany

Phone:    +49 (0)40 460094 126
Fax:      +49 (0)40 460094 270
E-Mail:   meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784