[ncl-talk] Output width of plot

David Jones jonesd647 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 4 11:05:46 MDT 2015

Dear NCL-talk,

I have to prepare some "publication quality" plots and have been requested to create pdf images in either "single or double column width (88 mm or 170 mm, respectively)". My plots are panel plots.

Is there a resource that I can apply prior to printing the plot, so that the output width will be as desired? Something like pnlres at plotWidth = 170 , or the equivalent width in inches?

I've tried using resources such as gsnPaperWidth and wkPaper[Width|Height]F, but as I understand these set the width of the page, rather than that of the image on the page.

I also tried wkPaperSize = "A4", in combination with pnlres_at_vpWidthF = (170./210.), but this didn't work either.

Best regards,
Dave.