[ncl-talk] principal oscillation pattern

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 8 11:22:46 MST 2015

Lena,

A friendly tip: if you reply to an email thread, it's helpful to keep all
the original emails in the body of the message. This particular email
didn't include the original email with the error message, so I had to go
back a few emails to find it.

The error is referring to an "inverse_matrix" function, but your script is
not calling this function directly, so it's difficult for us to debug your
script without knowing what other function is referencing inverse_matrix.

Usually you can debug these things on your own by using "printVarSummary",
which will tell you what the dimensionality and size of your data is.

Find the location in your script where you think inverse_matrix is being
called by another function, and then insert some "printVarSummary" calls to
look at the data before you call the offending function. This will
hopefully shed some light on why your data is not the correct
dimensionality.

--Mary