[ncl-talk] error using yyyymmdd_to_yyyyfrac() NCL 6.1.2

Erik Jan Schaffernicht eschaffe at uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 23 18:43:28 MST 2015

Additional remark:  I updated now to most recent NCL,i.e. version 6.2.1
   but I still have the same error and problem.

I am using these functions:
eof_ts()  runs successful on a climate model output.
Then I take
timeRec= cd_calendar(eof_ts&time,2)
and
printVarSummary(timeRec) gives me:
      Variable: timeRec
      Type: double
      Total Size: 292192 bytes
                  36524 values
      Number of Dimensions: 1
      Dimensions and sizes:    [36524]
      Coordinates:
      Number Of Attributes: 1
        calendar :    proleptic_gregorian

Then I like to plot the time series (~36500 days = ~100years) so I like
to convert the time from YYYYMMDD to YYYY.fraction
yearFrac= yyyymmdd_to_yyyyfrac(timeRec,0.)

This last step causes these errors:   Any idea/help/solution?

[... many more of these illegal calendar  errors lines, I did not copy
all due to redundancy ...]
day_of_year: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'
day_of_year: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'
day_of_year: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'
day_of_year: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'
day_of_year: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'
isleapyear: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'
fatal:Undefined identifier: (con) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 7801 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

A few minutes before I used   yyyymm_to_yyyyfrac( )   on a similar file
that is monthly averaged.  There, using the yyyymm_to_...(), this
function does not cause any error.