[ncl-talk] Filling of missing data near coast

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 29 07:03:10 MST 2015

[1]
You could create a grid to be used for plotting.

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/grid_fill.shtml

  xOrig = x                       ; save original ... if needed
;-----------------------------------------------------------------
; Set the poisson_grid_fill variables
; Global grid: Fill in over land
  nscan = 1000             ; usually *much* fewer
  eps   = 0.001            ; variable depended
  gtype = False             ; Cyclic in longitude [global]
  guess = 0                ; use zonal means
  relc  = 0.6              ; standard relaxation coef
  opt   = 0

  poisson_grid_fill( x, gtype, guess, nscan, eps, relc, opt)

[2] Then overlay the land to mask out the interpolated contours

res at mpFillDrawOrder     = "PostDraw"