[ncl-talk] rcm2points and datums

sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com
Sat Dec 26 09:04:02 MST 2015

I have a question about RCM2points and datums.  I often use rcm2points to interpolate WRF output latitudes and longitudes.  However, as I now realise,  WRF uses a spherical datum, whereas I have been supplying wgs1984 latitude and longitude as the points to interpolate to.   In this case the results could be different by several kilometres in mid-latitudes.  Can anyone confirm this is the case? And if so, would it be possible to add  a warning to the docs that  you should ensure that you supply all your latitudes and longitudes in the same datum.   I think this oversight is very widespread - not a fault of NCL.

Sam Hawkins
Senior Research Engineer
Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd
sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com<mailto:sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com>
+44 (0)7966 691026

We have recently changed the registered offices of a number of our companies. The following are now registered at 1 Tudor Street, London, EC4Y 0AH:
Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd, Border Wind Ltd, Border Wind Farms Ltd, BW Ops Ltd, Clashindarroch Wind Farm Ltd,  Eclipse Energy UK Ltd,
Eclipse Energy Company Ltd, Kentish Flats Ltd, Ormonde Energy Ltd, Ormonde Energy Holdings Ltd, Ormonde Project Company Ltd, Thanet Offshore